Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm Back!

 I would just like to take this opportunity to apologize to all my followers (less than a handful) for my lack of posting these past couple of weeks.   I promise to never go this long again without a post. I know that all of you (4 of you to be exact) look forward to reading about The Burnett Family whenever you can!  So what exactly was a I up to??

Umm... let me rack my brain to see if I can remember if anything important or worth sharing has happened in these past couple of weeks... I'm sure that none of you want to hear about my food poisoning/24 flu that I got on March 2nd.  I mean no one wants to hear how I woke up around 1am from my cozy bed to spend the rest of the night sleeping my in very comfortable bathroom, using the toilet seat as a pillow.... then I got to spend the rest of the morning and afternoon watching TV all day hoping to feel better before my 6am flight the next morning!!  I guess one perk of being unemployed is that I didn't have to worry about calling in sick!  :)  I know that you are now all curious to find out if I got better in time for my flight the next morning, or did I have to use that little baggy in the seat back??  Well you all will be happy to hear that I was all better by 8pm that evening and had enough strength to pack my bags that night!  (It would have definitely helped if I didn't put off packing until the last minute, but who could have foreseen my getting sick?)

Now, I'm sure that you all are wondering, where did I go on my early morning flight??  My hubby and I went spring skiing in the Canyons!!  We met my parents, aunt and uncle, and one of my brothers out in Utah for a week full of skiing!  We had an amazing time and had perfect weather while we were there.  One day it even got into the 50's while we were skiing... so much warmer than our January trip to Big Sky where it was -10 degrees F one of our days skiing!  I don't think that Rob and I will ever ski in January again after "shredding" the mountain during spring skiing!  (Like my lingo there??  Learned that on the mountain!)

Now you all are up to date on my life, and you even got more info on my life than I'm sure you ever wanted to know!  That's the beauty of blogging! :)

Of course I couldn't leave you all without any pictures!  Here are some from the trip!
If you ever ski/snowboard at the Canyons, make sure to stop for a mid afternoon snack that the Bruges Waffles stand!  They are just as good as the waffles that I had in Brussels a few years back!!

Hubby and me on the mountain on our last day.  By far the most beautiful day while we were there! 

2 comments:

  1. And then there were 5. Followers that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading up on the Burnett Fam....keep it coming!!!

    ReplyDelete