Thursday, March 24, 2011

One of my worst qualities...

I'm sure my mom and dad would say that I don't have any bad qualities, but if you ask my husband... well let's just say that this would be at the top of his list!  This quality is something that drives Rob crazy, and I can't blame him.  Let me give you some examples:

Example 1: One of my all time favorite lunches is peanut butter and jelly.  If you knew me growing up, you probably wouldn't believe this because I HATED peanut butter.  But, over the years I have grown to love this combination... only if it's paired with strawberry jelly!  So as one can imagine, I can go through a lot of both of these items.  So a few weeks back I was at Publix without my grocery list.  (Yes this can be dangerous as you will soon find out!)  I was passing through the peanut butter and jelly aisle, when I realized that we were almost out of one of these items.  I was almost positive that it was peanut better, so I went ahead and bought another jar.  It wasn't until I went to put away the peanut butter that I saw in the pantry that we already had 2 jars of peanut butter!!  So, I added the 3rd jar of peanut butter to the pantry and realized it was jelly that we were out of!!

Example 2: Sometimes Publix can have some great Buy One, Get One Free items at the front of their store.  A few weeks back, they had some really good marinara sauces in their bins.  If you know me, then you know I am a HUGE Italian fan and will never turn down anything with marinara in it.  So I grabbed 2 bottles not thinking anything of it, until  I went to put these jars away.  What do you think I found in my pantry??  FOUR bottles of marinara already on the shelf!!!

What can I learn from example 1 and 2??  Always bring my shopping list with me to the grocery store...  But what happens when I do bring my grocery list to the store?? 

Example 3: Today I went to Sam's Club for the primary reason of buying toilet paper.  I noticed in our guest bathroom (where I keep most of it) that we were completely out.  When I went to look in our bathroom I noticed that we only had a few rolls left.  So I made a mental note that I need to buy toilet paper at Sam's Club when I went there today.  I was feeling really good about myself for actually buying something that we needed until I got home with the toilet paper.  I opened our closet where we keep our cleaning supplies, and what do I find??  A huge package of 30 some odd rolls of toilet paper!! 

What can I learn from example 3??  It doesn't matter if I have a grocery list or not, I will still buy items that we already have too many of in our house.  Now let's try and see if we can keep this secret from Rob!! :)

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me??

1 comment:

  1. I wouldnt say this is bad. I call it always being prepared.

    ReplyDelete