Monday, March 21, 2011

Lay of the Land

Since moving here we haven't really explored the "nightlife" of Pensacola Beach because why go to a bar with just Rob to drink when we could do that from the comfort of our home??  But all that changed this past weekend because we had friends in from out of town! Rob's old college roommate, Jon, and his fiance, Tommie, came into town from Jacksonville for her bridal shower. (Small world that we know 2 people from Pensacola that still have family living here!). We were both really excited to get to spend time with them both in our new town. 

On Saturday morning, Rob got up bright and early to head to the golf course with Jon and Campbell... the only time he will get up early on the weekends is for golf!  While he was out golfing, I got to attend Tommie's bridal shower in town and get to meet some of her wonderful family and friends and watch her be "showered" with lots of wonderful gifts!  I was so happy that it wasn't me anymore, just having gone through the whole wedding deal, it was very nice to sit back and enjoy being a guest at a shower!  After the shower and golfing were over, we decided to head out for a drink at a local beach bar that is known for their bushwackers.  Now, some of you might already know what is this drink is, but I had never had one in my life and have been told by many people here in Pensacola that I need to try one... and boy did this place not disappoint!!  The drink was delicious!  I have no idea what is in them, but Rob liked to described them as a chocolate milkshake.  We had so much fun at this first place, that we decided to walk on over to the next bar and I was told once again that I had to try their signature drink there.  This one is called diesel fuel and it comes in a big mason jar and is filled with I don't know how many kinds of liquors.  Since I am not a big liquor drinker, I decided to share that drink!  We had so much fun at this place listening to the great band that was performing that night and getting to hang out with some great friends that we hardly get to see anymore.  We can't wait for you all to come back and visit and for your wedding in July!! 

Anyone else want to come visit us and help us get to know the lay of the land here in Pensacola Beach??  Visitors are always welcome... we have a spare room and can walk to all the bars on the beach!  What's not to enjoy??  :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww!!!! I love this! It was sooo much fun and I am so gratefeul we got to spend time with you guys!! It was such a good time! Gotta love those bushwackers...wait'll you get to experience Bushwacker Festival!!! Cant wait to see you again! xoxoxoxo

    Ps. I encourage all followers to take Lizzy up on the offer! =)

    ReplyDelete