Thursday, March 31, 2011

Looking Back Part 2

The night Rob and I got engaged!!
Since I'm looking back on Rob and I's relationship, I thought that it would be fun to go back to our engagement!  Rob proposed to me on June 16, 2009, and it was one of the happiest days of my life!  For those of you who have not heard the story of how Rob popped the question, I thought that it would be fun to share this with you all!  

After dating for over 4 1/2 years, I always told myself that I would know exactly when Rob would propose.  Since he kind of knew this, he definitely had to try his hardest to surprise me, and let me tell you, this is not an easy task!  So on a random Tuesday afternoon, I got a text from Rob asking me what time I planned on getting home from work and what time I planned on going to the gym that night.  I did not really think anything of it because I thought that he was trying to figure out dinner plans for that night.  So when I got home and saw his car in the garage, I started to get suspicious!  Then when I walked into the house and found a path of rose petals all throughout the house, I knew that this was it!  Rob had put up all these pictures from some of our favorite moments all along the rose petal path that I was supposed to follow.  Or course, I just ran up stairs and did not even look at all of them!  He was waiting for me behind a closed door in our room and he was down on one knee, with roses and the ring in his hand.  He had a beautiful proposal for me (of which I do not remember any of) and he asked me to marry him!  It was so romantic and I was so surprised. It was absolutely perfect!!
Showing off my new bling!!
Practically the second after Rob proposed we started planning the wedding!  I flew down to St. Pete to spend 2 weeks planning the whole thing with my mom and the craziness never stopped!  We went from one event to another and I must say that I loved every second of it!  Now that it has almost been a year since our wedding day, I have to admit that I am starting to miss all the craziness of planning a wedding.  I think that what I miss the most is spending lots of time with my family and friends.  It was so much fun to be able to celebrate and see everyone a lot in such a short amount of time.  Weddings really do bring everyone closer together, and I would love to be able to see everyone again as much as I did during that time.  But I guess since I can't get married again, the only other way to bring people together is to have a baby....  But that's not happening anytime soon!!!!!  For now, I'm extremely happy being married to my best friend and looking back all the pictures from all of the events.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the time we got engaged to just before the wedding. 
Joint Engagement Party with my brother Jorge and my now sister-in-law Casey

Photo Shoot November 2009   


Engagement Pictures from Limelight
Engagement Pictures from Limelight
Ohio Sugar Bowl Couples Shower - January 2010

Mom and Me at St. Pete Shower February 2010

Bridesmaids and Friends at St. Pete Shower
Bridesmaids Luncheon with some of my bridesmaids! April 2, 2010

Carrie and Me before Rehearsal Dinner April 2, 2010

7th Lane Roomies and Boys we put up with -- Rehearsal Dinner April 2, 2010
Hope you all enjoyed!  Happy Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment