Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Want to hear my secret??

Okay everyone, get ready... I'm about to share a big secret with and only a few people have been let in on this one. So brace yourselves for the big, exciting news that I'm about to let you all be a part of.  Well here it is I AM.......... 















......A HUGE GLEE FAN!!!  I guess the kids these days call that a gleek

I never thought that I would like this show, but I really should not be surprised by this fact at all. I am mean do you even know who my best friend of all time is??  She is the girl who dragged me to every single play, musical, and any other type of performance ever known to man growing up.

Let me take you back to 1991.   This was the year that fate totally stepped in and introduced me to Carrie Jean Curtis.  She was the new girl at school, and I was assigned to show her around and introduce her to all 50 students in our grade.  (Yes, we went to a very small school.)  Now, I'm sure that you are beginning to wonder, what does Carrie have to do with me liking Glee?  Well, she has a lot to do with it!  First of all, Carrie was the type of girl who did ballet, jazz, and tap growing up, along with singing and piano lessons.  (I was the girl who did gymnastics... I feel you are either one or the other, never both.)  Also, her family loved going to plays and musicals and traveling to New York to see them.  Since we were best friends, I had to be supportive of all of her hobbies.  Let me tell you, I have been to my fair share of performances over the years, but I have come to realize that I did like attending all of these events because they were something very new and different for me... WAY out of my comfort zone.  See, I grew up with 2 very athletic older brothers, and we NEVER went to plays as a family.  One time my mom made us all dress up and go to the Nutcracker for Christmas... let's just say that she has still never lived that one down, and we never went back again.  Again, sorry for the sidetrack!  So back to Carrie.  Since the "arts" were something that I had never really experienced before... I really did enjoy tagging along with the Curtis family and supporting Carrie at her numerous recitals throughout the years.... she is very talented! 

Now that you've all received a little background on Carrie Jean, here is my second reason that she has a major part in me becoming a GLEEK!  Since this show is right up Carrie's alley, and I'm sure that she wishes this is really what high school was like, she's the one that gave me the first season of Glee to watch.  When I mentioned to her at Christmas time that I had never seen the show before...  I thought that she was going to faint on me.  Since she had just received the DVDs as a Christmas gift, she very thoughtfully let me borrow the whole season to try out.  (Mind you, if I lost any.... I don't think that we would be friends ever again.) So I started watching a few episodes..... and couldn't stop!  I am obsessed!  I finished the whole season and now really want to try and watch the second season!  I went onto Fox's website, and of course they aren't showing the first couple of episodes anymore!  And then I tried Hulu, but you have to pay to watch those episodes!  I am way too cheap, and not to mention unemployed, to pay even more than we already do to watch TV.  So what's a girl to do??  Not really sure yet, but I think that it involves me waiting until this season is over and Carrie gets the second season so I can borrow them from her!  Sidenote: Carrie, you will get the first season back at Easter!

To make this whole story a lot shorter... I am very grateful to have Carrie as my best friend!

Who else has a best friend that has really made a lasting impression on them and helped shaped them into the person they are today?  Not sure what I would do without Carrie!

3 comments:

  1. this made my day!!!! THANK YOU!!! you're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s i cried reading this! you are the best Liz! I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I am now a follower of the Burnett blog. Can't wait for the next installment. Babs

    ReplyDelete