Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

On Sunday night before the Superbowl I started to make an amazing appetizer for my husband and myself, and I thought that I should share some of my crowd pleasing recipes!  Now, I am not the best cook, or really that much of a cook at all, but there are some recipes that I can cook.  I really like to entertain and use all of the wedding platters and serving pieces that we received as gifts, and it is definitely easier to entertain with all of the pieces that I have now!  Anyways, back to the recipe! The first recipe that I am going to share with you all is a Buffalo Chicken Dip.  I can not and will not take credit for this tasty appetizer.  This was given to me by my best friend's older sister a few years ago, and every time I make this for an event or get together, people go crazy for it!  So without further ado, here you all go!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 lbs cooked chicken and shredded
12 oz. Texas Pete Hot Sauce (or Buffalo Sauce)
16 oz. T. Marzetti's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing (by the lettuce)
Two 8oz. blocks of cream cheese
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Bag of Tostitos tortilla chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place the cooked, shredded chicken on the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.  Then pour the hot sauce over the chicken.  Meanwhile, melt the blue cheese and the cream cheese together until smooth.  Pour the melted blue cheese and cream cheese over the chicken and hot sauce.  Cook for 20 minutes in the oven.  Then pour the cheddar cheese on top and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.

*Now here are some important tips that you need to follow in order for this to be as yummy as mine! (Don't mean to sound vain, but I do get a lot of compliments on it!)

1. Please make sure that you don't use the canned chicken!  If you don't have time to bake your chicken beforehand, go ahead and by a rotisserie chicken from the deli (I like the lemon pepper flavor), and shred that till you have enough for the recipe.
2. The T. Marzetti Chunky salad dressing is really the best one to use.  I have had other blue cheese dressings in it before, and this one is by far the best.
3. Make sure that you serve this hot!!  It is best when the cheese is still runny and not congealed together.  So if you bring this to a party, try and at least do the last step of melting the cheese at the party if you can! 
4. If you are making this for a smaller crowd, go ahead and half the recipe and put everything in an 8x8 pan.  My husband loves to heat this up in the microwave and eat it the next day (or days after), so if you have a lot left over, no worries! 

Hope you all enjoy this yummy appetizer!  I will warn you now that it is absolutely addicting!

Lizzy

3 comments:

  1. Since we crazy people up here in Minnesota don't have Texas Pete hot sauce I've become accustomed to using Franks Red Hot buffalo and it's just as tasty.

    And totally agree with the chicken. People have challenged me to buffalo dip offs and Chris's recipe has yet to fail :)

    ReplyDelete