Monday, February 7, 2011

Small Town Living

Like I said in my "about me" section, my husband and I just moved to Pensacola Beach from Atlanta.  While we love our new lives here and can't wait for warmer weather so we can enjoy our beach condo, there are certainly some aspects of Atlanta that we miss.  For right now, I will just say that I miss all the conveniences that Atlanta has to offer.  

I'm sure you all are wondering where I am going with this, and I will get to the point now.  I just bought the iphone 4 (yay!!), and it came in the mail this afternoon!  So as you can all imagine, I was like a little kid on Christmas day and quickly ripped open the box so I could see my new source of entertainment.  But, all that excitement had to be put on hold... since my old POS phone (Blackberry Pearl, I know really.. who has that phone anymore?) is so outdated, I can't backup my contacts on my phone and transfer them to my new iphone!  So I quickly got back in the my car, drove over the beach bridge into "town" so I could get to the Verizon store.  I walk in and explain my problem, only to have them tell him that this is the first iphone that they have seen and they have none of the equipment for that phone!  I mean really Verizon!?! They they begin to tell me that this store may never an actual iphone in there to sell!!  So if I ever have any problems with this phone, where am I supposed to take it??  This would never happen in Atlanta!  I am sure that every Verizon store there has the capability to deal with customers like me, since they are such a big market and are prepared for this.  Oh well...

So now, I'm sitting here watching Gilmore Girls waiting for my husband, the IT guy, to come home from work so he can work his magic!  He will probably make some comment about how he is off the clock and his services will be double now!  

Hopefully I will get this whole situation worked out soon, so I can start using my new phone!! I can't wait to see what the iphone4 can do!


Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment