Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Married Valentine's Day

When it comes to Valentine's day, everyone has their own ideas and opinions for this holiday.  Let's go ahead and take me for example....  I am all for the hype of Valentine's day.  Bring on the flowers (esp. roses), cheesy cards, and everything else that goes along with this day.  I might like to pretend that it wouldn't bother me if my husband didn't make a big deal out of this day, but I would actually be pretty hurt if he didn't.  You may not share this opinion with me, but I'm very happy that my husband knows me so well and spoils me!

This is not to say that I wasn't a little worried on Sunday (Valentine's dad eve) that he may not do anything for Valentine's day on Monday.  I mean, we are married now!  Since he doesn't have to "win me over" anymore, I had some doubt in my mind that he may not do anything this year like he has in the past.  Of course, I tried not to bring the topic up because I was trying to see if he would remember on his own.  So did he make the effort.... you bet he did!  I not only got a dozen roses, but also a very delicious (and entertaining... pictures to follow) steak dinner!  He did an absolutely wonderful job spoiling me, and I loved every minute of it.  I can definitely say that he has set the bar high for married life Valentine's day!  I have included some pictures from the night so you can see how entertaining my night was!
Here's my hubby with his Gator chef's hat preparing our outstanding meal!  He is such a ham!

This brings flambe to a whole new level!!  Yes, he is behind that flame!
Hope you all had an amazing Valentine's day with your loved ones as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment